My Trip to Mumbai taught me a few new facts about FOOD, PEOPLE and OTHER…
1. The Vada Pavs of Mumbai are just too awesome to be reproduced in Bangalore.
2. That Lassi needs to be eaten with a Spoon. Its that thick and full of cream.
3. That Curds are sold in Kilograms.
4. That Shrikand’s texture is coarse with nuts and yet so smooth it slides down the throat.
5. That the Paani Pooris (Golgappas) get their taste due to the tap water and dirty hands.
6. That we can get Schezwan and Chole Jumbo(size) Vada Pavs in Brown Bread.
7. That even Vada Pavs can be Grilled.
1. If you miss the 8:16 local train, you are late to office by 25mins. In spite of there being a local train at 8:18.
2. The return pass you take on Saturday is valid till midnight Sunday.
3. All one way local train tickets have an one hour expiry.
4. Bangalore – Mumbai – by local train 24hrs, by bus 18hrs.Within Mumbai – by bus 1hour, by train 25mins incl. changing platforms for connecting trains.
5. If you dont know whether you are in the East or West, be prepared to spend 5times more autofare.
6. Mineral Water bottles taken from outside the security check-in is suspicious, Water bought inside the airport is absolutely safe.
1. That money and affordability bonds people together and classifies them as well.
2. That saying “I cant afford that place” is like I accusing the other of fleecing money from me.
3. That asking a friend for cheaper places to eat translates into one being stingy and incompetent.
4. That “Oh! You can walk into my Cabin anytime”, actually means “go get an appointment from my secretary and its my desecration then if I even want to meet you”.
1. Sweat flows down your head and drenches your shirt if you walk a Km, as if you were under a shower.
2. That no matter how many times and how well you have taken your bath, you have to take it once you come back home.
3. That the noise of the waves however loud, sounds so soothing.
4. That to find which Movie is in which Cinemas and at what Time is a treasure hunt from one page to the other. No single list / page.
5. That Rasta Roko dharnas get police protection and can dissolve in a couple of hours. Such that no one ever knows it happened.
6. That Rasta Roko dharnas (Road-blocking Rebellious Processions) can cause the autofare to go by 4 times for the same distance.